Home > Article
VOL. 37 | NO. 36 | Friday, September 06, 2013
Picnic In The Park. Church Street Park, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Enjoy live entertainment and lunch from local food trucks.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 12
Corporate Tug of War
Corporate teams vie for the title of Downtown Nashville’s Tug of War Champion at Public Square Park. The winning company scores a catered lunch from a downtown restaurant of its choice. Ten people required per team. 11 a.m.-Noon. Information and registration: nashvilledowntown.com.
Live on the Green
Nashville’s free concert series concludes with Moon Taxi, The Weeks and The Wild Feathers at Public Square Park in front of the Metro Courthouse. Show begins at 5 p.m. Information: liveonthegreen.net.
Real Estate Investors Network
REIN Wholesaling Subgroup. Networking and net-worthing subgroup of wholesalers, cash buyers and deal-maker wannabes. 6 p.m. at the REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Suite 151, Nashville. Upcoming events include:
- Sept. 16: REIN Landlording Subgroup. 6 p.m., REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Suite 151, Nashville
- Sept. 17: REIN Lunch Network. Group meets every other Tuesday, 11:15 a.m. Dalt’s Classic America Grill, 38 White Bridge Road, Nashville
- Sept. 17: REIN Contract Law. Basic contract law, using contracts and clauses to protect yourself from financial loss. Come learn from a real estate attorney Robert Notestine. 6 p.m. at the REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Suite 151, Nashville
SATURDAY, SEPT. 12
The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, The Dynamites (featuring Charles Walker), Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes and the Barbershop Harmony Society Ensemble will provide the entertainment when Musicians Corner kicks off its fall schedule at Centennial Park. Other shows include:
- Sept. 14: The Kingston Springs, The Floorwalkers, The Black Cadillacs.
- Sept. 21: Shelby Lynne, Promised Land Sound, Donna The Buffalo
- Sept. 22: Andrew Belle, Jenny and Tyler, Young Summer
- Sept. 28: Mountain Heart, Sugar and The Hi-Lows, Jeffrey James
Noon-5 p.m., with music beginning at 1:30. Each show also features food trucks and beer garden.
TUESDAY, SEPT. 17
Business Matchmaking: Increase Sales and Decrease Sales Cycle
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce introduces Business Matchmaking, an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps pair qualified, growing companies with ready-to-purchase buyers. This initiative is being offered to help growing businesses in Middle Tennessee connect with procurement offices in Fortune 1000 companies. 3-5 p.m., Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, 211 Commerce Street, Suite 100, Nashville. Information: nashvillechamber.com, 743-3063.