Home > Article
VOL. 37 | NO. 25 | Friday, June 21, 2013
Meet the NELAs Finalists Networking Event. Reception and networking event honoring the finalists of the upcoming 2013 Nashville Emerging Leader Awards. The Bridge Building, 2 Victory Avenue, Nashville. Information: nashvillechamber.com, 743-3063, www.thenelas.com.
THURSDAY, JUNE 27
The free summer music continues with Delta Rae, The Vespers, Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes at Nashville’s Riverfront Park. Doors open at 5 p.m., and music begins at 6. Additional shows include:
- July 4: Derek St Holmes Band, Phoenix Stone
- July 11: Mishka, Pat McLaughlin, Kansas Bible Company, TAR (Trapp, Abbott & Rhodes), Oak Creek Band
- July 18: Mike Farris & the Roseland Rhythm Revue, The Kingston Springs, Sol Cat, Roots of a Rebellion
- July 25: Edwin McCain, The Kicks, Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes, Modoc
- August 1: Bud Light 50-50-1 Presents - Colt Ford - 21+ show
Farewell Reception for Wilson Co. Director of Schools
The public is invited to attend a farewell reception in honor of James M. (Mike) Davis, Wilson County director of schools, 5-7 p.m. at Lebanon High School’s Alumni Hall, 500 Blue Devil Blvd., Lebanon.
Ashland City Summerfest
Free concerts will be held each night, 6-10 p.m., at Riverbluff Park, 175 Old Cumberland Street, Ashland City. Fireworks will be at 9 p.m. on June 29. Dixieland Carnival 6-10. Information: 792-2655, ashlandcitytn.gov.
FRIDAY, JUNE 28
Ask the Expert: Live!
A new, three-part, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce series aimed at delivering ideas, business strategies and secrets for success from local industry experts. The experts have been chosen from different industries to facilitate well-rounded and valuable conversations to equip you with the knowledge to help grow your business. The expert are:
- Brian Bailey, Hylant Group. Expertise: property and casualty insurance. Opening question: What is the best way to insure a rented office space?
- Geof Vickers, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP. Expertise: corporate and technology law. Opening question: What is the first step in legally protecting a business?
- Chris Lalonde, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP. Expertise: real estate law. Opening question: What is a common mistake business owners make in purchasing property?
8:30-10 a.m., Goodwill Industries of Middle TN, Inc., 937 Herman Street, Nashville. Information: nashvillechamber.com, 743-3063.