Home > Article
VOL. 37 | NO. 23 | Friday, June 07, 2013
Goodwill Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting. The public is invited to the Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee’s grand opening and ribbon cutting at 1203 Murfreesboro Road, Suite 135. Event starts at 8:30 a.m. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Southland brings together 500+ entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders and innovators with the goal of connecting the Southeast’s best early-stage companies with investors from across the country. The event will take place at The Cannery Ballroom and Mercy Lounge. Information: southlandse.com/
THURSDAY, JUNE 13
Real Estate Investors Network seminars
Fix This Deal – Need help with a deal or have a question? Network with experienced investors, 5:30 p.m. at the REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Ste 151, Nashville. Information, registration: REINTN.org, 885-5454. Upcoming events include:
- June 17: Landlording Subgroup – Come learn and network with other landlords. 6 p.m. at the REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Ste 151, Nashville.
- June 18: REIN Lunch Network – Discussing real estate topics of interest. Meets every other Tuesday at 11:15 a.m. at Dalt’s Classic America Grill, 38 White Bridge Road, Nashville.
- June 18: Property Inspections with Scott Truslow – Property inspections can save thousands of dollars in repairs. This session will review important issues that inspectors look for concerning foundations, main structure, the major systems in the house, and even the roof. 6 p.m., REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Ste 151, Nashville.
The free summer music series kicks off with Donna the Buffalo, Tommy Malone, 18 South and The Lonely Biscuits at Nashville’s Riverfront Park. Doors open at 5 p.m., and music begins at 6. Additional shows include:
- June 20: Shooter Jennings, Royal Southern Brotherhood, McCrary Sisters, Raelyn Nelson, Britt Ronstadt
- June 27: Delta Rae, The Vespers, Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes
- July 4: Derek St Holmes Band, Phoenix Stone
- July 11: Mishka, Pat McLaughlin, Kansas Bible Company, TAR (Trapp, Abbott & Rhodes), Oak Creek Band
- July 18: Mike Farris & the Roseland Rhythm Revue, The Kingston Springs, Sol Cat, Roots of a Rebellion
- July 25: Edwin McCain, The Kicks, Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes, Modoc
- August 1: Bud Light 50-50-1 Presents - Colt Ford - 21+ show
Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce Member Orientation
The Hendersonville Area Chamber of Commerce holds member orientation meetings in the board room of the Chamber office, 100 Country Club Drive, on the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Lunch is provided. Registration is required: 824-2818.
FRIDAY, JUNE 14
Brew Book signing
Mt. Juliet Beer Company will host a book signing with award-winning Blackstone Brewing Company Brewmaster Dave Miller, 5-7 p.m. Miller will sign copies of Brew Like A Pro, his new how-to guide for home brewers. Mt. Juliet Beer Company is located at 11125 Lebanon Rd.
Night Among the Stars Awards Banquet
This event is where the best of the best within the Chamber and the City of Hendersonville will be recognized. This year the event will feature a night in cocktail attire, networking with local business leaders and ending the night with dancing. Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club, 550 Johnny Cash Pkwy, 6:30-11:00 p.m. Information: 824-2818.
SATURDAY, JUNE 15
The Third Annual Second Chance Prom
This event benefits the Lebanon High Band Instrument Fund. Live music by “Those Guys and That Girl,” silent auction, prom photos, hors d’oeuvres, cash bar. Tickets $40 available at Lebanon Chamber of Commerce. For more information or to purchase tickets call 680-2247.
Boeing B-17 Flights
The Liberty Foundation’s 2013 Salute to Veterans tour will be arriving in Nashville at the Smyrna Airport, Airport Terminal Bldg., 278 Doug Warpool Road. On display will be the famous Boeing B-17 “Memphis Belle” celebrating the 70th anniversary of its historic last mission. This is your invitation to see, tour and fly a mission and take advantage of this ultimate historical experience. Information: libertyfoundation.org.
Bellevue Clean-Up Day (re-scheduled)
The spring edition of Bellevue’s Clean-Up Day is set for 8 a.m.-noon at Gower Elementary School (650 Old Hickory Blvd., just north of I-40 near Charlotte Pike). Bellevue residency must be confirmed through documents to participate. Workers and roll-off bins from Metro Public Works will be on hand to assist with large-item donations.
TUESDAY, JUNE 18
Williamson Co. Chamber Membership Meeting
Speaker: The Hon. Alberto Gonzales, former Attorney General of the United States, and Doyle Rogers, Distinguished Chair of Law at Belmont University. Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, 700 Cool Springs Blvd., 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Information: email@example.com.
THURSDAY, JUNE 20
Jammin’ With The General
Country artist Daryl Singletary performs at 5:30 p.m. on Lebanon’s historic square. Take you lawn chairs.
Summerfest at the Bluff
A full day of musical entertainment, food and family fun on the Harpeth River in Kingston Springs. The event starts at 11 a.m. musical entertainment ranging from local indie rockers to national touring bands, as well as fun on the River and some friendly competition with a horseshoe tournament. Information: facebook.com/summerfestatthebluff.
TUESDAY, JUNE 25-29
Ashland City Summerfest
Free concerts will be held each night, 6-10 p.m., at Riverbluff Park, 175 Old Cumberland Street, Ashland City. Fireworks will be at 9 p.m. on June 29. Dixieland Carnival 6-10. Information: 792-2655, ashlandcitytn.gov.