» Subscribe Today!
The Power of Information
Home
The Ledger - EST. 1978 - Nashville Edition
X
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Article
VOL. 35 | NO. 50 | Friday, December 16, 2011




Electrical power issue hits Occupy Nashville

Print | Front Page | Email this story

NASHVILLE (AP) - The state fire marshal's office has cut off the electrical outlet Occupy Nashville was using on Legislative Plaza after an inspector found that it posed a safety threat.

The group was able to operate off a battery-powered backup generator all day Wednesday. According to The Tennessean newspaper, a spokesman said they are bringing in batteries and will get a solar powered generator (http://tnne.ws/tQavEY). The spokesman also said the group is willing to pay an electrician to rewire the outlet and make sure it is up to code.

State officials said the wiring's insulation had melted and the exposed wiring created the potential for contact with the metal of the outlet and possible electrocution.

Occupy Nashville members said the outlet overloaded early Tuesday.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & RSS:
Sign-Up For Our FREE email edition
Get the news first with our free weekly email
Name
Email  
TNLedger.com Knoxville Editon
RECORD TOTALS DAY WEEK YEAR
PROPERTY SALES 0 0 0
MORTGAGES 0 0 0
FORECLOSURE NOTICES 0 0 0
BUILDING PERMITS 0 0 0
BANKRUPTCIES 0 0 0
BUSINESS LICENSES 0 0 0
UTILITY CONNECTIONS 0 0 0
MARRIAGE LICENSES 0 0 0